Whenever we have patients who are considering braces and are wondering how they will look like while wearing them, we like to ask them, “Which is more attractive? Braces or crooked teeth?”
Braces Are More Attractive in the Long Run
It's your mouth. You'll have it for the rest of your life. Consider that:
- Braces are only worn for a specific period of time, depending on the length of treatment. Crooked teeth – you get to wear them forever.
- There are different kinds of braces these days. Invisalign is a popular option for teens and adults. It is made up of a set of clear aligners that are less visible than the traditional metal brackets you are used to seeing.
- Braces eventually straighten your teeth. This is the most important reason why you should consider getting braces.
However, we need to stress the benefits of straight teeth do not end with just your appearance. There are very dire effects of having crooked teeth:
- Crooked teeth can interfere with your speech. Speech sounds are produced when the teeth come into contact with the tongue and lips. There maybe speech deficiencies (lisps, for one).
- Oral hygiene is compromised because there will likely be more hard-to-reach areas in your mouth that makes brushing and flossing harder. As a result, unwanted plaque and tartar can build up unnoticed. Over time, this can lead to such serious consequences as tooth decay, gum disease, or even tooth loss.
- Loss of Facial Integrity. Your teeth and bite are major factors in how your facial structure is set up. The integrity of your facial bones rely on the proper arrangement of teeth and bite.
- TMJ Disorders. Prolonged issues with one’s bite (a occurrence alongside crooked teeth) can easily develop into painful TMJ disorder.
Get Straight Teeth – Have a Confident Smile
Some people are lucky enough to have a set of straight teeth. Fortunately, having crooked teeth is not a permanent misgiving – there are ways to have beautiful, straight teeth.
Don’t you want to have a confident smile? Investing in your oral and dental health, whether you are a child or an adult, can help you with your speech, confidence, and all other areas of life.
Today’s braces can be as discrete, or overt, as you desire! We offer both traditional, metal braces and non-metal, ceramic braces. Both accomplish the same goal of improving your smile through controlled alignment over time. Call or visit our website for fast and easy appointment scheduling and ask about our consultation and insurance options!