Heavy metal toxicity is caused by metals that accumulate within the body's fat cells, central nervous system, bones, brain, glands, and/or hair. There are many metals that can be considered "heavy metals": antimony, arsenic, bismuth, cadmium, cerium, chromium, cobalt, copper, gallium, gold, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, nickel, platinum, silver, tellurium, thallium, tin, uranium, vanadium, and zinc. Small amounts of these elements are common in our environment and diet and are actually necessary for good health, but large amounts of any of them may cause acute or chronic toxicity (poisoning). Heavy metal toxicity can result in damaged or reduced mental and central nervous function, lower energy levels, and damage to blood composition, lungs, kidneys, liver, and other vital organs. Long-term exposure may result in slowly progressing physical, muscular, and neurological degenerative processes.
TIPS FOR HOW TO AVOID OR FLUSH HEAVY METALS FROM YOUR BODY
- Eat eggs! The sulfur naturally occurring in eggs is known to chelate, or bind, heavy metals and allow their elimination.
- Drink lots of water! The flushing effect on your body is cleansing and helps remove toxins and waste products.
- Take a heat sauna! Perspiration is one way your body uses to eliminate wastes and toxins.
- Supplements to consider as recommended by Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., Ph.D., authority in heavy metal toxicity include: Chlorella (in capsules or tincture), Garlic or Kyolic, FIsh Oils (containing both EPA and DHA), and Cilantro supplements.
- Avoid sea food as much as possible! Sea food, especially shellfish, often contain high levels of mercury.
- Avoid using products that contain aluminum.
- For women, use cosmetics free of ingredients such as harmful synthetic ingredients and or lead.
- Avoid over-the-counter antacids! They contain high levels of aluminum.
- Do not smoke! Cigarettes are are full of heavy metals.
- Avoid unnecessary vaccines; they are often contain heavy metals.
If this interests you, consider an integrated approach to dentistry.