Ozonated olive oil results from bubbling highly concentrated ozone gas through olive oil until it hardens and solidifies. This process takes several days of continuous ozone flow. In 1954, Dr. William Turska of Mist, Oregon, had ozonated olive oil tested at Texas A&M University. The test proved that the gel has many therapeutic uses, combining the moisturizing and smoothing properties of olive oil with the versatile healing properties of ozone.
Uses of Ozonated Olive Oil
As ozone kills bacteria, virus and fungus on contact, the applications for this gel are almost unlimited. It is an effective topical and internal disinfectant. It promotes healing by providing active, preventive and palliative (soothing) treatment for almost anything – from wounds, sores, and fistulas to name a few. It works by changing the fermenting oxygen-poor wound environment to an oxygen-rich one that is friendly to new cell growth, but deadly to pathogens.
Some of its uses include:
- Stimulation of growth for skin cells
- Speeds up healing-time for skin wounds and ulcers
- Cleans and sterilizes the epidermis
- Reduces swelling and redness
- Calms the nerves and reduces the amount of pain in skin conditions
- May increase cellular function and cellular memory
- Acts as a free radical scavenger on harmful toxins
- Acts as a moisturizing facial conditioner (leave on for 20 minutes and promptly remove)
- Aids in healing processes and reduces scarring
- Promotes healthy skin conditions
- Good for removing makeup
- Good for animal wounds, as it is all-natural, and can be licked
- Sunburn of the skin
- Insect bites and stings
- Infections of the sebaceous glands (sweat)
- Can be used as a natural under arm deodorant
- Hemorrhoids – One of the best natural remedies
- Sore muscles (rub as a massage paste)
- Cellulite Reduction
- Bed Sores
- Cuts & Burns
- Skin Yeast
- Diaper Rash
- Tinea Versicolor
Ozonated Olive Oil in Dentistry
In dentistry, ozonated olive oil is applied to the teeth to help prevent tooth decay, gum tissue for gingivitis or during periodontal therapy or any other oral problems – chapped lips, mouth sores, wounds, etc..
Some even use it as dry toothpaste – brushing their teeth with it with no water. It acts like a disinfectant or mouthwash!
Buying Ozonated Olive Oil
When buying ozonated olive oil, look at the label on how it was done. For purity and quality a cold plasma ozone generator should always be used.
Ozonated olive oil will stay potent up to three to four weeks at room temperature, but will keep almost its full potency for an extended period of time (6+ months) in the refrigerator. The freezer is ideal for long-term (more than a year) storage.