Ted Reese, DDS, MAGD, NMD
Versatile and accomplished, Ted Reese, DDS, MAGD, NMD is one of the best dentists in Indianapolis. He’d like to personally thank you for visiting our website to find out more about the different types of quality dentistry we do at the Indianapolis Center for Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry..
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE TIMELINE
1984-87: Associated in a family practice with emphasis on orthodontics and craniofacial pain (TMJ) in Clinton, Indiana. During this time I was also able to further my education by studying implant dentistry at the Midwest Implant Institute in Columbus, Ohio.
1987: relocated to Indianapolis and assumed continuation of the practice of Dr. Jordan Scull, former instructor at IUSD, upon his retirement.
1989: awarded the Fellow of Midwest Implant Institute. I have since assisted in teaching other clinicians implant dentistry, lectured and presented at meetings and chaired the annual symposium in 1998.
1990: awarded Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry.
This is achieved by accumulating a considerable amount of continuing education credits beyond the required, passage of a day long, all inclusive written exam. I currently serve on a national committee that prepares, reviews, and helps in writing this exam.
1995: Awarded MASTER, Academy of General Dentistry.
Achieved by lengthy and in depth study of all aspects of dental care including oral presentations and defense of clinical work for peer review.
1995: Awarded Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
An international academy promoting the excellence in Implant Dentistry services. Fellowship status requires written and oral examination only after achieving a certain level of experience in the field.
1997 - 2002: Served on the National Exam Committees to review, grade, and construct the Fellowship exams for the Academy of General Dentistry.
2008: Awarded the Life Long Learning and Service Recognition (LLSR) from the Academy of General Dentistry.
2006 - 2009: Served on the National Dental Education Council for the Academy of General Dentistry.
2012: Awarded Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry.
2011 - 2014: Served as Trustee for Indiana/Ohio to the national board of the Academy of General Dentistry.
2015: Appointed to Indiana State Board of Dental Examiners by Governor Mike Pence.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EFFORTS:
Continuing to serve as director for the state wide continuing education program of the Indiana Academy of General Dentistry in helping other doctors to stay current on cutting edge dentistry and obtaining their Fellowship and Mastership credentials.
How I Got Started in Dentistry
During four years of dental school, consideration was given to specializing in different aspects of dentistry, oral surgery or orthodontics being the most frequently contemplated. By the end of dental school, I realized there were too many facets of dentistry I found enjoyable and rewarding to eliminate by focusing in just one field of dentistry. Considerable time, effort, and expense has been invested into continuing education efforts since graduating with honors that has provided a fulfilling and multidimensional career for myself and a convenient ‘one stop shopping’ for my patients. Being limited to just straightening teeth, just restoring teeth with crowns and bridges, or just doing implants (although rewarding and enjoyable in itself) would be frustrating as a clinician and practitioner when dentistry has so many aspects to offer those wanting to restore and/or beautify their smile.
My first experience in “private practice” took place at a small school/orphanage in an impoverished village on the island of Haiti. While waiting for the required state board exam results I accompanied a church group to Haiti and provided much needed dental care to an otherwise neglected community. I was able to return to the village the following year with three additional dental school classmates and provided more care for these people. I’ve since been a part of several similar medical-dental outreaches to El Salvador, Central America, Haiti, and Africa. This has always been a rewarding and eye opening experience. Their intent is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and suffering there, but more importantly they are a witness to the love of Christ and to assist in evangelical outreaches of the established churches and missionaries. My most recent trip to El Salvador in Jan. 2015 provided the opportunity for 5 of our staff to go along and assist in providing dental care for these gracious people. I was also invited to spend a day at the dental School in San Salvador to teach the students and alumni techniques in minimally invasive implant procedures and look forward to returning in the coming year as they have requested.
Dr. Ted Reese
Academics & Accomplishments
Anderson College, Anderson, IN 1977-80
- Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society
- Sigma Zeta Science Honor Society, Vice President
- Delta Kappa Alpha Dativus, Men’s Social Fraternity, Vice President & President
Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN 1980-84
- Honors graduate, Class of 1984
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- 1983 Recipient of Michael T. Wilson Scholarship
- Elected to Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 1983
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Who’s Who in the Midwest
- Who’s Who Among Health Care Professionals
- Top Dentists in America
Dental Professional Involvement
- Full time private practice in general and implant dentistry, Indianapolis
- Member: Academy of General Dentistry since 1985
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Christian Medical Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Central Indiana Dental Implant Society, Past President
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Fellows, Midwest Implant Institute, past treasurer
- Hospital Staff: St. Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Fellow, Midwest Implant Institute, 1990
- Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry, 1990
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 1994
- Mastership, Academy of General Dentistry, 1995
- Life Long Service Recognition, Academy of General Dentistry, 2008
- NMD, Naturopathic Medical Degree, 2015 Issued by American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry.
I would like to personally invite you to allow us to show you the care you deserve."
—Dr. Ted Reese