Did you just move to the Indianapolis area?
Here are a few great family activities our city has to offer:
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis - 3000 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208 At over 470,000 square feet and covering 20 acres, the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is known as the largest children's museum in the world and is a great place for families who are looking for fun indoor activities, especially during the cold winter or humid summer months. Locals have the option to enroll their little ones in the preschool program. See the website for further details and take advantage of great learning opportunities.
- Indianapolis Zoo - 1200 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46222 The Indianapolis Zoo is a favorite among local residents and tourists alike. It is located in White River State Park, making it convenient. White River Gardens, a beautiful botanical garden, is located directly next to the zoo. Family membership deals make the Indianapolis Zoo a favorite activity. During the summer when it’s warmer, arrive earlier in the day to view the animals when they are most active. During winter months, indoor exhibits offer refuge from the cold. The zoo grounds are fairly flat and very walkable. Membership is reasonable for families who wish to return often.
- Indianapolis Art Museum - 4000 Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46208 With films and talks happening every week and 600 seats (and bean bags) to choose from, the freshly renovated Tobias Theater is Indy’s new living room. If you’re a cinema lover, lecture junkie, or simply crave culturally adventurous performances, The Toby is for you.
- Indianapolis Arts Garden - 50 W. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46204 The Indianapolis Arts garden is a great stop for the family who likes art and architecture. You'll enjoy great views of Indianapolis from the seven-story tall glass building. The Indianapolis Arts garden hosts over 300 free performances and exhibits each year. Additionally, if your family is looking for information on Indianapolis art events, visit the Cultural Concierge in the Indianapolis Artsgarden -- you'll find maps, visitor guides, ticket information and more.
- Lucas Oil Stadium - 500 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46225 Lucas Oil Stadium offers public tours every week that give participants an up-close and personal look at all the stadium has to offer. Tours last approximately one hour and include visits to the playing field, an NFL locker room, Lucas Oil Plaza, the press box, and numerous other areas (depending on availability) that are generally inaccessible to the public.
- Watch an Indians Game at 501 W. Maryland St. Indianapolis, IN 46225 The Indianapolis Indians is the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Indians play their home games in Victory Field at White River State Park in downtown Indianapolis. This 14,500-seat ballpark has received numerous local and national accolades including being named “Best Minor League Ballpark in America” by Sports Illustrated and Baseball America!
- Old National Centre - 502 N. New Jersey St.Indianapolis, IN 46204 The Old National Centre, formerly the Murat Centre, is a multi-purpose facility offering great versatility for events of all sizes. This premier entertainment & event venue is located in the heart of Indianapolis, Indiana, featuring a 2,600 seat performing arts theatre, a 1,800 seat concert hall with a banquet room, & a 600 seat multi-functional room in addition to the dramatic & luxurious Grand Lobby. It hosts approximately 300 public & private events throughout the year.
- Circle Centre – 49 W. Maryland St. Indianapolis, IN 46204 The Circle Centre offers 125 shopping, dining and entertainment options making it a convenient choice for all-around leisure outings with the family.
- YMCA Centers – With multiple centers to serve you, from Northwest to South, YMCA Centers currently has 11 centers across Indianapolis. The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis provides programs and opportunities to make our community healthier – in spirit, mind and body.
If you’ve just moved to Indianapolis and are looking for a new dental home, we’d like to invite you to our office for caring, professional, quality dental care by one of the best dentists in Indianapolis. Dr. Reese has over 25 years of experience and can take care of your whole family’s dental needs. Whether you need a kid dentist for your child’s regular teeth cleanings, or need to consult how to get braces for your teenager or have his wisdom tooth removed, Dr. Reese can help you come up with the best possible solution that won’t be traumatic for your child He also can take care of your dental needs, whether you would need a new crown for your tooth, want to explore dental implants or have your dentures replaced. Call our office at 317-882-0228 and experience the difference in our gentle care, genuine concern and integrative environment for your well-being and our expertise in all areas of dental care and smile makeovers.